Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Caffeine-Addicted Super Talkative Complimenter

I wanted to share a couple goals I've set for this semester :)


a) Compliment people
This means all the time, anytime and not just superficially because I feel I have to, but to truly mean it. So this has come to the point where I've told guys I barely know all that well, "Hey you smell really nice." I have found that once I started surpassing the first few awkward ones, they all roll off the tongue. You wouldn't believe the smiles I've seen :) (hey I just sung that in my head without even realizing it...."you wouldn't believe the [smiles] I've seen" It's originally troubles right?) Zach and I have decided to send little compliments in people's mailboxes just about little things that make us smile about them. (but we won't say who from!) It's almost like a fortune cookie in the mailbox, but it's about YOU! (hahaha I picted Uncle Sam holding a fortune cookie right there HAHAHA!)


b) Being bold / more assertive
Today, I asked this kid that I really don't know all that well that I kind of have a soft spot for, out for coffee. It was rather humorous. I really feel God leading me to get to know this kid better right? Well, after class today I said, "Hey you like coffee right?" "Yeah, I love coffee!" "You want to go get some sometime? *pause for effect* I don't ask that romantically." He chuckles and goes, "Sure, yeah, definitely." And so we chatted about where to. I am talking about stuff like that. :) And assertive in standing my ground and not being a doormat :) haha. Also and asking people to sit with me if they are eating by themselves.


c) Okay well I thought I had a third one......mer? Maybe it was YES YES. It's communication. Just getting in contact with people. Doing more one-on-one dates and more coffee dates. That one is a bit self-explainatory.


Basically what ends up happening is I am a caffeine-addicted super talkative complimenter by the end of this semester :)  bahaha!


I wanted to share so you guys can sort of keep me accountable and maybe to inspire you a tad. LOVE!

3 comments: