Tuesday, August 31, 2010

WHABAM - by Kera

Holy cow! That is really the best phrase to describe entering back into the Hive (we're the yellow jackets....) Goodness do I miss you guys! However, it has been such an amazing welcoming back to campus. Classes are awesome - New Testament Literature (I am truly EATING it up!!!! So fascinating!), Intro to Criminal Justice, Calculus I, Tennis, and Analytical Chemistry. Criminal Justice is proving to be a possible difficult course (lots of work) buuut, get this, I get to go into local prisons and jailhouses and check 'em out and I'll be going to the Columbus Police Academy here in September. I am super psyched for that. I decided to join the criminal justice org and the pre-health org (to get feelers into other realms than basic sciences). I joined a gospel choir that a couple years ago was "taboo" in a way to the school, but is PHENOMENAL. You want to talk about some powerful worship - WHABAM - this is it! So I am really testing my limits on getting involved, but it sure is exciting :) I always worked better with more on my plate. My roommate Robin started out as reallly quiet, but the more we chat, the funnier she is and the more I can make her laugh! Woot! The one night she randomly hugged me. Totally was not expecting that. Tonight she said, " I think you are good with people" after I said that my brothers stole all the good things to do and I felt I had nothing to offer. ha.


Okay, here I am blabbing away. I feel God is really shaking things up here on campus and something crazy is going to happen! And all around here! It's been kind of weird coming back and feeling like I got the ropes. Do you guys kinda feel that way? Oh oh! And I have kids y'all! In less than week, I had 12 kids. It's about time I told you that you're all aunts :) haha. I led a small group of freshman and oh my goodness, so rewarding and fun! They're so funny and we took some silly photos. I really do feel like their mom. I check up on them and ask how they're doing and make sure they're eating and have someone to sit with. ha. :)


I am so glad to see you guys are embracing being back. College sure does something to you - thirsting after knowledge sure does it :) I love you guys so very much and I am SUPER estastic to see what AMAZING things you are learning and going to do. You are amazing women and you are going to do some life-changing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment