Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back in school! - By Cassi

Well, we are all back at school now. How does it feel, everyone? I am hoping that this year will be better in general for everyone. Not that we didn't have a good year last year, but it seems as though there is a lot of room for improvement in this current year. We all have friends to return to, we know our campuses, and most of all, we just know what to expect in general. I speak for myself when I say I am very happy to be back.

I have been enjoying the state of Utah since I have been back. Last week I got to hike Mt. Timpanogos, which is over 11,000 feet tall! It's the second highest peak in Utah. I hiked it with my friend Taylor, who has done the 9 mile trail in 5 hours total, up and down. I however, have never hiked a mountain before, so it took us a little less than 12 hours total. It was a pretty long day. All we brought were four granola bars, four packets of fruit snacks, and a bag of baby carrots. Oh, and a whole ton of water! Anyway, getting to the top of that mountain and being able to see the entire Utah Valley was incredible, and I know I'll never be able to replicate that feeling of accomplishment unless I hike another 11,000 foot tall mountain. That is probably the most exciting thing I've done so far.

Classes so far are good, because I'm swimming in a sea of art, religion, and English. My classes require a lot of reading, but I love it. The classes I'm taking are Honors English 201, LDS Marriage and Family, Sculpture, New Testament 1, and African American Literature. It's awesome! It should be a great year, even though our apartment is a little bit ghetto and small. I hope you guys are having a great time as well. Here's to our awesome blog. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's Kera! What is LDS Marriage and Family? And I still think it is so sweet that we are taking New Testament! :)

    ReplyDelete